1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. In the left pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents
3. In the right pane, right-click OOBETimer, and then click Modify.
4. Change at least one digit of the OOBETimer value to deactivate Windows.
5. Click Start, click Run, type the following command, and then click OK:%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a
6. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to activate Windows,and then click Next.
7. Click Change Product key, type the new product key (V2C47-MK7JD-3R89F-D2KXW-VPK3J) in the New key boxes, and then clickUpdate.Note If the previous Activation Wizard screen appears again, click Remind me later, and thenrestart the computer.
8. Repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 to verify that Windows is started. Click OK when you receive the followingmessage:Windows is already activated. Click OK to exit.